We’re welcoming Lavender Season with one of the many beautiful cocktails developed by the talented Nick Nemeth of Crown Cocktail Co. This cocktail gets it’s name from it’s colour and garnish, but is so much more than just lavender with complex flavours and a dreamy texture.
Lavender Blueberry Gin Fizz
1.5 oz Tawse Gin
1 oz Blueberry Basil Syrup
(see below for syrup recipe)
3/4 oz Lime Juice
3/4 oz Lemon Juice
2 oz Cream
1 ea Egg White
2 dashes Tawse Lavender Bitters
2 oz Sparkling Water (To Top)
1 Sprig, Fresh Lavender
- Add all ingredients (except sparkling water & lavender garnish) to a
cocktail shaker without ice. Cap shaker and shake vigorously to emulsify egg whites.
- Fill cocktail shaker completely with ice, cap, and shake once again.
- Strain contents of shaker into a pre-chilled Collins glass.
- Top glass with cold, fresh sparkling water so that foam rises above rim of glass.
- Garnish with a sprig of lavender, added directly to glass.
Blueberry Basil Syrup
2 Cups Water
2 Cups Granulated Sugar
1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
6-8 Leaves Fresh Basil
- Add water to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve completely.
- Add blueberries, cover pot, and turn down heat. Leave pot to simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring
occasionally. Keep simmering until fruit has broken down and syrup has turned dark purple.
- Add basil leaves and simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Remove from heat, and filter contents through a fine mesh strainer or chinois to remove solids.
- Transfer to storage container and keep refrigerated