Lavender Blueberry Gin Fizz
1.5 oz Tawse Gin
1 oz Blueberry Basil Syrup
(see below for syrup recipe)
3/4 oz Lime Juice
3/4 oz Lemon Juice
2 oz Cream
1 ea Egg White
2 dashes Tawse Lavender Bitters
2 oz Sparkling Water (To Top)
1 Sprig, Fresh Lavender
- Add all ingredients (except sparkling water & lavender garnish) to a
cocktail shaker without ice. Cap shaker and shake vigorously to emulsify egg whites.
- Fill cocktail shaker completely with ice, cap, and shake once again.
- Strain contents of shaker into a pre-chilled Collins glass.
- Top glass with cold, fresh sparkling water so that foam rises above rim of glass.
- Garnish with a sprig of lavender, added directly to glass.
Blueberry Basil Syrup
2 Cups Water
2 Cups Granulated Sugar
1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
6-8 Leaves Fresh Basil
- Add water to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve completely.
- Add blueberries, cover pot, and turn down heat. Leave pot to simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring
occasionally. Keep simmering until fruit has broken down and syrup has turned dark purple.
- Add basil leaves and simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Remove from heat, and filter contents through a fine mesh strainer or chinois to remove solids.
- Transfer to storage container and keep refrigerated